About Us

History

Ridge has strong roots; founded by Harold John Ridge as a surveying practice in Oxford, following the end of the Second World War in 1946.
History - About Us - Ridge & Partners LLP

We are proud of our background and history that has provided a rich and interesting range of projects and experience across the UK and around the world for our people, who stay with us for a long time. Indeed many of our team started their careers with us – there’s nothing we like more than to grow our own. It enables us to offer continuity to our clients and interesting, long term careers for our people. This gives us solid foundations for our team-based approach.

2017Ridge gains BSI BIM Verification PAS 1192-2
2017Ridge grows to over 600 people
2016Ridge acquires PH Warr
2016Ridge grows to over 480 people
2015Cardiff office opens
2015Ridge Acquire CRE8/Manchester Office
2015Ridge open office in Shanghai
2015Adrian O'Hickey becomes new Senior Partner
2014Southampton team moves into Winchester office
2014Ridge grows to over 400 people
2014Winchester office opens with the acquisition of Engineering Consultants Upton McGougan Ltd including structural and civil engineering, traffic & transportation, flood alleviation and building services engineering.
2013Ridge acquires Midlands based civil and structural engineering consultancy, Brazier Holt Partnership which relocates to the Ridge Birmingham office
2013London office moves to larger premises at Great Suffolk Street, Southwark
2008Ridge accredited by the BSI for 18001(Occupational Health & Safety Management System)
2008Liverpool office opens with the acquisition of Walfords
2008Southampton office opens with the expansion of property consultancy services
2008Birmingham office moves to Solihull Business Park
2008Sustainability team is created providing cross discipline advice
2008Ridge accredited by the BSI for ISO 14001 (Environmental Management System)
2008London office expands moving to Southwark Street on the South Bank
2007Ridge grows to over 200 people
2007Structural engineering discipline added
2006Oxford office (over 90 people) moves to The Cowyards on the World Heritage Site at Blenheim Palace, Woodstock
2006Birmingham office opens with the acquisition of The Davidson Partnership and Cook Denning Management Ltd.
2005Leicester office established with the acquisition of Dennis Walker Welham & Company. Alan Dines Partnership also acquired introducing architectural services to the Reading office
2004Ridge and Partners registered as a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) on 28/09/2004
2004 Bristol office relocates to Eden Office Park, Ham Green
2002 “Investors in People” (IIP) accreditation achieved
2000Ridge grows to over 100 people
2000 Health and Safety teams formed
1998 London office opens in Woodstock Street later moving to New Bond Street in the West End
1994 Ridge accredited by the BSi for ISO 9001 (Quality Management System)
1993 Ridge Development Consultants formed, adding architectural services at the Oxford office
1992 Quality Management System (QMS) introduced
1990 Oxford office relocates to Midland House, Botley
1990 Specialist legal support /dispute resolution service added
1988Bristol office opens
1986 Ridge Services Consultants formed to provide mechanical & electrical engineering design
1977 Reading office opens in Greyfriars Road, Reading, later moving out to Theale
1973 Harold John Ridge retires and practice becomes “Ridge and Partners”
1972 Project management and specialist mechanical & electrical quantity surveying services added
1970 Building surveying service introduced
1965 Team grows to over 25, and office move required to larger premises back in St Giles, Oxford
1955 Further expansion and name change to H J Ridge and Partners
1949Practice expands into larger premises on Beaumont Street, Oxford
1946 Established in St Giles, Oxford by Harold John Ridge, a Chartered Quantity Surveyor