News & Media
On April 10th Ridge was proud to sponsor the annual Constructing Excellence 2014 Bristol Club Conference, held at the Watershed in Bristol.
Both keynote speakers gave very inspiring talks, The Governments Chief Construction Advisor; Peter Hansford explained the government’s desired direction for the industry following the publication of “Construction 2025.” Peter also went into detail about how the UK is on target to deliver the expansion of the industry in conjunction with savings in waste, cost and time savings and environmental improvements.
This later then lead to a talk from Don Ward, the Chief Executive of Constructing Excellence who spoke about how we can achieve these goals using well founded principles which make up the ethos of Constructing Excellence by collaborative working and sharing best practise.
Things were then to heat up as the debate began with some challenging questions posed to the panel.
The panel was made up of key clients and organisations that affect the Construction markets in the South West.
The panel consisted of:
- Andrew Goodenough: head of Airport Development at Bristol International Airport.
- Simon Gyde: Route asset Manager for Buildings form Network Rail.
- Nick Hooper: Service Director for Strategic Housing from Bristol City Council.
- Damian Leydon: head of Construction for EDF Energy responsible for the Hinckley Point redevelopment.
- Karsan Vaghani: Capital Projects Director for Bristol University.
- Peter Hansford; The Governments Chief Construction Advisor.
By the end of the session, the audience was left in no doubt about the desire to come out of the recession fighting to change for the better and overall, the event was a very inspiring day, we are already looking forward to next year’s event!